iCreate: Creative Retail, Entrepreneurship, Apparel & Technology Enrichment
iCREATE provides an exciting pre-college summer program for teens interested in the building a brand or company through fun, hands-on experiences, workshops, and projects. This intensive and innovative program is for high school teens (ages 14-17), which are interested in launching their own business, blog, brand, or website related to fashion, technology, or innovations available to consumers. iCREATE not only provides a college-like experience for teens, but also shows how to turn a desire or passion to start your own business into a successful brand and career. Students, educators, and industry professionals will provide an inside view to the many facets of the industry, with hands-on learning experiences and projects. Space is limited to only 30 students!
The camp is $595 per camper and includes room and board, meals and supplies. In Pontotoc, Lee, and Union counties, Toyota has an education program which provides eligible students with full tuition for camp.
Additional activities include:
- Community Engagement
- Leadership Development
- Presentation Workshops
- Team-building Exercises
- Creativity Enhancement Workshops
- Field Trips
- Social Activities
- Date: Sunday, June 17, 2018 - Saturday, June 23, 2018
- Time: Overnight camp starting at Noon
- Who is Eligible: High school students aged 14-18
- Special Restrictions: None
- Camp Type: Overnight Camp
- Sponsoring Unit: School of Human Sciences, Center for Retail and Cotton Product Development, & Center for Entrepreneurship and Outreach
- Other Information: Enrollees will select a specialized track: (1) Fashion (2) Technology (3) Prototyping. All tracks will lead to the launch of a retail space dedicated to selling and promoting your product. Enrollment is limited to 30 participants, so please register as soon as possible to reserve your spot in the upcoming iCreate.
- Cost: $595 (A $100 Deposit is due upon registration)
- Charles Freeman
- Box 9745
- Mississippi State, MS 39762
- 662-325-1293 (work)
- 904-254-5906 (mobile)