iCreate: Creative Retail, Entrepreneurship, Apparel & Technology Enrichment
iCREATE is a week-long summer camp developing the entrepreneurship skills of high school students. Students receive specialized instruction in an area of their choosing (fashion, technology, or prototyping) in order to develop a product and actually sell it at the end of the week. Our campers also receive instruction in the areas of salesmanship, entrepreneurship, and marketing in order to prepare them to sell their product at the culmination of the camp in a pop-up style shop on Mississippi State's campus.
The camp is $600 per camper and is geared towards high school students. In Pontotoc, Lee, and Union counties, Toyota has an education program which provides eligible students with full tuition for camp.
Additional activities include:
- Community Engagement
- Leadership Development
- Presentation Workshops
- Team-building Exercises
- Creativity Enhancement Workshops
- Field Trips
- Social Activities
- Date: Sunday, July 16, 2017 (All day) - Saturday, July 22, 2017 (All day)
- Time: Overnight camp starting at Noon
- Who is Eligible: High school students aged 14-18
- Special Restrictions: None
- Camp Type: Overnight Camp
- Sponsoring Unit: School of Human Sciences, Center for Retail and Cotton Product Development, & Center for Entrepreneurship and Outreach
- Other Information: Enrollees will select a specialized track: (1) Fashion (2) Technology (3) Prototyping. All tracks will lead to the launch of a retail space dedicated to selling and promoting your product. Enrollment is limited to 30 participants, so please register as soon as possible to reserve your spot in the upcoming iCreate.
- Cost: $595 (A $100 Deposit is due upon registration)
- Charles Freeman
- Box 9745
- Mississippi State, MS 39762
- 662-325-1293 (work)
- 904-254-5906 (mobile)